Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Wisdom to Handle Money

“Riches do not profit in the day of wrath, but righteousness delivers from death.” (Proverbs 11:4)

“Better is a little with the fear of the LORD, than great treasure with trouble.” (Proverbs 15:16)

“A good name is to be chosen rather than riches, loving favor rather than silver and gold. The rich and the poor have this in common, the LORD is the maker of them all.” (Proverbs 22:1-2)

“Do not overwork to be rich; because of your own understanding cease! Will you set your eyes on that which is not? For riches certainly make themselves wings; they fly away like an eagle toward heaven.” (Proverbs 23:4-5)

“For riches are not forever, nor does a crown endure to all generations.” (Proverbs 27:24)

“He who is greedy for gain troubles his own house, but he who hates bribes will live.” (Proverbs 15:27)

"Better is a little with righteousness, than vast revenues without justice.” (Proverbs 16:8)

“Getting treasures by a lying tongue is the fleeting fantasy of those who seek death.” (Proverbs 21:6)

“Better is the poor who walks in his integrity than one perverse in in his ways, though he be rich.” (Proverbs 28:6)

“He who tills his land will have plenty of bread, but he who follows frivolity will have poverty enough! A faithful man will abound with blessings, but he who hastens to be rich will not go unpunished.” (Proverbs 28:19-20)

“Two things I request of You (Deprive me not before I die): Remove falsehood and lies far from me; Give me neither poverty nor riches – Feed me with the food allotted to me; Lest I be full and deny You, and say, ‘Who is the LORD?’ or lest I be poor and steal, and profane the name of my God.” (Proverbs 30:7-9)

No comments:

Post a Comment