Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Baruch


Jeremiah 45:1-5; NKJV

45 The word that Jeremiah the prophet spoke to Baruch the son of Neriah, when he had written these words in a book at the instruction of Jeremiah, in the fourth year of Jehoiakim the son of Josiah, king of Judah, saying, 


2 "Thus says theLORD, the God of Israel, to you, O Baruch: 

3 'You said, "Woe is me now! For the Lord has added grief to my sorrow. I fainted in my sighing, and I find no rest."'

4 "Thus you shall say to him, 'Thus says the LORD: "Behold, what I have built I will break down, and what I have planted I will pluck up, that is, this whole land. 


5 And do you seek great things for yourself? Do not seek them; for behold, I will bring adversity on all flesh," says the LORD. "But I will give your life to you as a prize in all places, wherever you go."'"

Baruch's Story

Son of Neriah (32:12)
Brother of Seraiah (51:59, 61; 52:24)
Scribe to Jeremiah (605 BC – 36; 45)
Read Jeremiah's words publicly on a day of fasting, then read them to the officials of the king's court (36)
Suffered Discouragement in 605 BC (45)
Received the Purchase Deed to Jeremiah’s Field (587 BC - 32:12-16)
Taken to Egypt (43)

Baruch's Blessing

1.  He helped a prophet write the word of Jehovah.

2.  Jehovah spoke to Him:
–Don’t put your hope in the future of Judah
–Your life will be spared

No comments:

Post a Comment