Saturday, September 15, 2012

Job's Mistake

Job 27:2-6

2 "As God lives, who has taken away my justice,
And the Almighty, who has made my soul bitter,
 

3 As long as my breath is in me,
And the breath of God in my nostrils,
 

4 My lips will not speak wickedness,
Nor my tongue utter deceit.
 

5 Far be it from me
That I should say you are right;
Till I die I will not put away my integrity from me.
 

6 My righteousness I hold fast, and will not let it go;
My heart shall not reproach me as long as I live.


Job did not sin in Job chapters 1-2.  But in Job 3-37 he accuses God of injustice.  From his perspective, God was being unfair.  From God's perspective, Job was, in Job's words concerning God, "unique" (Job 23:13; NKJV). 

There was more going on than Job knew.  There is more going on than we know.  Trust and obey.

No comments:

Post a Comment