Friday, September 14, 2012

Job's Fear

Job 23:13-17; NKJV

13 "But He is unique, and who can make Him change?
And whatever His soul desires, that He does.
 

14 For He performs what is appointed for me,
And many such things are with Him.
 

15 Therefore I am terrified at His presence;
When I consider this, I am afraid of Him.
 

16 For God made my heart weak,
And the Almighty terrifies me;
 

17 Because I was not cut off from the presence of darkness,
And He did not hide deep darkness from my face.


When Job considered what he knew about God it "terrified him."  He was "afraid of Him."  His fear of Jehovah prompted him to obedience to Jehovah's will.  May it do the same for us...

Ecclesiastes 12:13-14; KJV

13 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.

14 For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.

No comments:

Post a Comment