Friday, February 10, 2012

Take God at His Word

Jehovah said, "Speak to the rock..." (Numbers 20:8).

Moses "struck the rock..." (Numbers 20:11).

And Jehovah said unto Moses and Aaron, "Because ye believed not in me, to sanctify me in the eyes of the children of Israel, therefore ye shall not bring this assembly into the land which I have given them" (Numbers 20:12; ASV).

Notice Numbers 20:10. Moses was commanded to "speak to the rock." Instead, He spoke to the people. Moses made the same mistake at Kadesh in Numbers 20 that the people made in Numbers 14. "And Jehovah said unto Moses, 'How long will this people despise me? and how long will they not believe in me, for all the signs which I have wrought among them?'" (Numbers 14:11; ASV). They didn't enter into the promised land. Neither will Moses.

Hear the conclusion: Take God at His word. "Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature. He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned" (Mark 16:15-16; NKJV).

Jason Cicero