Wednesday, April 11, 2012

I Shall Go to Him

And when I saw Him, I fell at His feet as dead. But He laid His right hand on me, saying to me, "Do not be afraid; I am the First and the Last. I am He who lives, and was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore. Amen. And I have the keys of Hades and of Death." (Revelation 1:17-18; NKJV)

1. Hades - the abode of the spirit

2. Death - the abode of the body

When the child of David and Bathsheba died, David said, "Can I bring him back again? I shall go to him, but he shall not return to me" (2 Samuel 12:23; NKJV). It seems David had some understanding of Hades and Death and resurrection and that we will know one another in Heaven. And so, with the Thessalonians, we "comfort each other and edify one another" with this knowledge and in this hope (1 Thessalonians 4:13 - 5:11; NKJV).

Jason Cicero