Thursday, January 5, 2012

Genesis 12:1-3

The rest of the Bible records the fulfillment of Jehovah's promises to Abram.

Now Jehovah said unto Abram, "Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father's house, unto the land that I will show thee. And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great. And be thou a blessing. And I will bless them that bless thee, and him that curseth thee will I curse. And in thee shall all the families of the earth be blessed" (Genesis 12:1-3; ASV).

1. Land - watch Jehovah give the descendants of Abram the good land of Canaan (see Joshua 21:43-45)

2. Nation - watch Jehovah make the descendants of Abram a great nation (see Exodus 1-24).

3. Seed - watch Jehovah bless all the families of the earth through the seed of Abram (see Matthew 1:1-25)

Jason Cicero